Baked Le Gruyère AOP in Pastry with Rosemary and Garlic
- 15 min. Preparation time, 30 min. Cook/bake time, 45 min. Total time
Baked Le Gruyère AOP in Pastry with Rosemary and Garlic, the holiday appetizer…quick, easy, and most importantly – incredibly delicious. Store-bought puff pastry wrapped around melted gruyere cheese with honey, rosemary, and garlic. Then baked until the pastry is golden and the cheese caramelized and melty. A truly mouth-watering appetizer that’s perfect for holiday entertaining. It’s festive, easy to prepare, and a favorite with everyone. Festive, quick, easy to prepare, and most importantly, incredibly delicious...THE holiday appetizer! This delicious recipe is from our friends at Half-Baked Harvest. Check out their site for many more super delicious recipes and fun stuff.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound Le Gruyère AOP, fontina, or a mix, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more for serving
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on a parchment-lined 10-12 inch baking dish/pie plate. Pile the cubes of cheese in the center of the pastry. Mix the rosemary and garlic together with your fingers, then sprinkle over the cheese. Drizzle with honey. Fold the corners of the pastry over the cheese. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown and the cheese bubbly.
- EAT and enjoy with extra honey, black pepper, and your favorite bread or crackers...or just with a spoon!