- 35 min. Total time
- 1.5 lbs potatoes
- 11 oz carrots
- 4 slices Appenzeller® Black Label
- 5 oz Appenzeller® Black Label, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped parsley, pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker until soft. Peel while still warm, allow to cool, grate with a potato grater. Then grate in the carrots. Mix in grated cheese, chopped parsley, and rosemary.
- Put the butter in a frying pan, add the rösti mixture and fry lightly, turning occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a cake and fry over low heat for approx. 15 minutes until a golden-yellow crust forms. Turn the rösti and fry for a further approx. 10 minutes.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the rösti, allow to melt and garnish with parsley leaves