Raclette Bay Leaf Potato Gratin
- 10 min. Preparation time, 15 min. Cook/bake time
Try this wonderful recipe made with Raclette, the convivial national dish of Switzerland. It warms the stomach and soul but is also ideally suited as sliced cheese and as hot food. Raclette cheese is made according to traditional recipes and with great craftsmanship. It is also naturally Lactose-free.
For 4 persons
- 7 cups of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 8 (approx. 18oz.) small potatoes which stay firm when cooked
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- 7-9oz. Swiss Raclette cheese cut into slices
- 1. Bring the water with salt and 4 bay leaves to boil.
- 2. Cut unpeeled potatoes into 4, place for 10-15 minutes into boiling water until nearly cooked, drain, and leave to cool.
- 3. Place a bay leaf in each grill pan, divide the potatoes over the 8 grill pans, cover with a slice of pepper raclette cheese, and grill.
Variation: Replace the bay leaves with rosemary branches.