The Classic Swiss Fondue
- 20 min. Preparation time
- 1½ cups Gruyère AOP grated
- 1½ cups Emmentaler DOP grated
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tsp corn flour
- 1.5 cups white wine
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 oz of kirsch (Cherry Brandy)
- Rub the fondue dish with the clove of garlic. Leave in pot if desired. Mix the Gruyère AOP, the Emmentaler AOP and the corn flour together in the fondue dish.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil while stirring continuously until the cheese has melted.
- Add the kirsch and the Cayenne pepper.
- Keep the fondue dish warm on the burner over a very low flame.