The Classic Swiss Fondue
- 20 min. Preparation time
- 1½ cups Le Gruyère AOP grated
- 1½ cups Emmentaler AOP grated
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tsp corn flour
- 1.5 cups white wine
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 oz of kirsch (Cherry Brandy)
- Rub the fondue dish with the clove of garlic. Leave in pot if desired. Mix the Le Gruyère AOP, the Emmentaler AOP and the corn flour together in the fondue dish.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil while stirring continuously until the cheese has melted.
- Add the kirsch and the Cayenne pepper.
- Keep the fondue dish warm on the burner over a very low flame.