Rosemary Biscuits with Le Gruyère AOP
Für ca. 20 Kekse
- 2/3 cup Le Gruyère AOP Classic
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 2/3 cup soft butter,
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ teaspoon pili pili powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper,
- 1 teaspoon each of rosemary and thyme
- little salt, pepper
- Mix the flour, egg, spices, herbs and salt in a food processor until a smooth dough is formed. Grate, add and mix Le Gruyère AOP again. Shape the dough into a ball and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 340° F. Roll out the dough about 1/5" thick between 2 sheets of baking paper. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles 1-1 1/2" in diameter.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with baking paper for about 15 minutes on the middle rack. Let cool down.
A cold infused Wulong tea, which steeps in the refrigerator overnight, goes perfectly with it. In terms of taste, it is somewhere between green and black tea.